Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Saturday 20 December 2014

I Love my Red Hair; a Poem for my Niece

If there's one thing that I can teach my niece it would be to love and accept her red hair. Born a blonde I've copped my fair share of jokes, but at the end of the day I just laugh and use it to my advantage and blame things on my silly yellow hair!

So to all rangas out there, embrace your red hair, it's what makes you unique!

And to Meeks,  I wouldn't change a thing about you my precious little girl.

When people see me they stop and stare;

"Why little girl, what gorgeous red hair".

"Oh and check out those curls, they're gorgeous too,

I'd love to have hair, just like you."

"It's just hair," I say, "it's only a small part of me,"

"Some call me ginger, carrot top and ranga" but I don't worry.

When people ask if I have a temper I say look out!

And I giggle and laugh because there's no need to shout.

I'm a little girl that was born without a care,

And oh how I love my pretty red hair!"

Love always,

Aunty Kirsty xxx

No comments: