Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Hypnotherapy; No Clucking Like a Chicken - Just Kissing Goodbye to Your Phobia!


I can't change the world, but 


I can 


change the world within you!Chantelle Smith.


Meet Chantelle; isn't she gorgeous! I can't wait to explore the power of hypnotherapy!

Imagine if you could cure your phobia?  Some people are quite happy to continue living their merry little lives while keeping spiders and snakes at arms length but what happens if your phobia is something that is causing you to hold back from achieving certain goals and personal experiences; phobias like jumping on an aeroplane and travelling the world or educating large groups of people by sharing your story?

How would your life be changed by facing your fear?

What things could you achieve that you have always wanted to do, but have brushed aside because you never thought it'd be a possibility because of the anxiety that pulses through your body at just the thought?

Well, I'm all for taking charge, grabbing life by the balls, and giving things a good shake up, and that's why I've invited the inspiring Chantelle from Indigo Phoenix to tell us all about the power of hypnotherapy!

Yes that's right,  no clucking like a chicken,  just using the power of the mind to find the root behind your phobia!

Here's to conquering fears and achieving goals we never thought possible... Your next pet might just be a tarantula!


 Hypnotherapy; will I cluck like a chicken?

You are not the first to ask this question and I guarantee you will not be the last. Hypnosis cannot make you do anything you wouldn't normally do in the waking state, being anything that goes against your values and beliefs. Anything you can do in waking state you can do so much better in hypnosis, as it is simply a heightened state of awareness and acceptance. Furthermore, to debunk some other ‘Hollywood' myths - hypnosis is not mind control. It is in fact the opposite - it is supreme self control, as you are finally taking control of your subconscious mind to achieve your desired results. You cannot get ‘stuck' in hypnosis because in the thousands and thousands of years it has been practised in one form or another, there has never been one recorded case. If I left you in hypnosis and went home for the day (which I can assure you I would never do), your subconscious mind would most likely alert you to the fact that something was not quite right and you would bring yourself out of the trance or alternatively you would feel so relaxed you would drift into sleep and wake up naturally.

Hypnosis is a trance-like state we as humans drift in and out of daily, particularly just before you go to sleep and just as you're waking from sleep (a feeling likened to being not quite conscious but not quite asleep either; drifting somewhere in between). Another common example of hypnosis is when you're driving home and you suddenly realise that you can't recall a certain section of that drive home and whether you did or did not go through the red light or intersection! You will note games, televisions and phones are particularly hypnotic in nature because, as is the common expression, you "zone out" focusing solely on it - sometimes to the point you may not hear others talking to you (or it could just be selective hearing!) Hypnosis is therefore a very natural state of mind experienced daily!


Why would I choose hypnotherapy? How could it help me?

I think the easiest way to answer these questions is to explain it like this. Every single thing we experience becomes an image in our mind, so let us imagine each image is a vehicle. Some vehicles will operate better than others, as they are powered by strong emotions - the fuel, and some vehicles are obviously more positive and beneficial, however at times the negative old unwanted vehicles overtake the positive ones, simply because they have a stronger fuel source!

Hypnotherapy deals with the emotion, taking away the fuel source from the negative old unwanted vehicles. Then through the state of hypnosis we then break the habits and associations that built up the unwanted vehicle. To put simply, this strips the unwanted vehicle (taking away its tyres, its frame, its engine, etc) and with the vehicle in pieces and without fuel, it no longer functions; it is now garbage!

Now those positive vehicles, the ones that you like driving which make life fun, easy and enjoyable - imagine giving them a boost and making them so powerful that nothing can overtake them. That's how we finalise our sessions - we add things to these vehicles which build them up even more (maybe it's the spoiler or the leather seats or the sports stripes you always wanted), and then we fill it up with the most powerful fuel source! All of a sudden this positive vehicle can function daily, with little or no thought as to how to operate!

That positive change you wanted to make, the one which seemed hard or on-and-off and which used to get overtaken, now seems effortless, easy and basically feels as if you had been driving that way the whole time!

So now that you're aware that it's your garage and you're the sole owner responsible for the vehicles in it, and realising you have always been the mechanic, which vehicles will you now allow to remain functional and which are you going to dismantle?

How hypnotherapy impacted my life and changed others too.

Hypnotherapy flipped my world upside down, and then I could finally look at things the right way. I had an amazing and enviable childhood filled with brilliant loving memories and the most phenomenal supporting family, however in my late teenage years I experienced depression. It was a major learning curb, though admittedly it was quite difficult to find the positives in it at the time. However upon reflection, I simply did not have enough tools and resources in my toolbox to help me understand depression at that time. That was until I experienced hypnotherapy for myself, and it changed my life. I will not go into too much detail, as you can read more about my personal journey here.

Since starting my business, I have now been honoured to assist countless people in making changes they thought were too hard or not possible! Every client is a rewarding experience for me and every client I am grateful for, but my most memorable client was a lady who had severe anxiety (she would vomit just thinking about the feeling and have a severe panic attack) - she had had experienced this anxiety for approximately 40+ years and it had only intensified with time. When we got to the cause of the feeling, which had her sort through some very personal and confronting situations of a family member inappropriately touching her, she was able to session-by-session alleviate the feeling. In the last session she was inspiringly able to forgive those who had wronged her and with this she commented on a "bright white light" in her heart. When I asked her to explain it, she started crying - happy and relieved tears - and she said to me "for years I have not been able to have a man love me because of what happened to me as a child, but for the first time in my life I feel my heart is ready to love and be loved again". After 4 sessions she had not only alleviated her anxiety and gained some incredible coping mechanisms for the future, she had also as a secondary gain to the consults opened her heart to receive love again. I mean how much more rewarding can it be for me than to have a client heal and change their life right in front of my eyes, all through the power of their own mind.

Right, so here goes, no more excuses, it's time to take life by the horns! 

I have just booked myself two appointments! Look out large crowds of people I'll be speaking in front of you soon (and probably imaging you naked!)

To find out more, like Indigo Phoenix on Facebook or visit the website by clicking on the logo below!

No comments: