Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Monday 30 September 2013

Don't Tell the Guests - So Relaxed

I never ever thought that I would say this, but here we are, 4 sleeps away from our wedding, and wait for it, I'm relaxed.

The best advice that I could ever give a bride is to have the week before the wedding off.

It's a beautiful thing to have time.

Time to be able to sit by your computer with a cup of green tea (or red wine) and type up your running lists so that everyone involved knows where they have to be where.

Time to be able to just sit and smile, and get excited goose bumps about how awesome it's going to be to worry your best friend.

Time to greet your guests, particularly those who have travelled from far and wide, and to be able to go out for lunch and eat, laugh, drink and be merry.

Time to try on your dress, with the accessories and veil and look back at the person staring at you in the mirror and think wow, it's me, I'm the bride.

Time to go and have your hair trials, and not be worried about constantly checking your watch because you have to be somewhere.

Time to just enjoy the whole experience.

Right now, I am just feeling so loved, and so grateful for everyone who is helping, making an effort to be here to celebrate our time, and this overwhelming sense of happiness and contentness.

Right now, I feel relaxed.

Your wedding day and the whole experience is what you make it. Yes, there can be stressful comments from people, yes the phone calls and to do lists at times can see never ending, but if you take the time, and a step back to remember what the day is all about, you and your partner taking the next step in your relationship, then it is a truly amazing experience.

YAY - I'm getting married in 4 sleeps!

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxx

No comments: