Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Sunday 26 August 2012

If it's not a HELL YES than...

Via

IT'S A HELL NO! (Now that's an easy philosophy to remember isn't it?! haha)

When was the last time that you had a free night? A night where you got home from work and flopped on to the couch with NOTHING to do but indulge in the latest crappiest hit tv shows while snuggling on the couch with your pillow/dog or partner?

When was the last time you looked ahead in your schedule and had a free weekend with NOTHING planned AT ALL?

When was the last time you did something for yourself? Not your partner, not your kids, not for work, or your hockey team or for a friend of a friend but for YOU?

I never used to ask myself these questions.

Via

I just kept plodding along accepting that this is what my life was going to be like, even though I could feel my feet getting heavier and heavier and the my bags under my eyes getting darker and darker.

I always used to feel time poor - there just wasn't enough hours in the day! Well the old me did. Sometimes I still struggle with balancing a work life balance and saying no to things that are off of my "track", but definitely not as much as I used to.

I don't know if I'm just more alert now after being sick, but I feel as though I am constantly hearing people say "I don't have enough time," "there's not enough hours in the day," and "I'm exhausted, I can't remember the last time that I had a free night".

And sometimes I'm left pondering why are we always time poor? Why are many people struggling to find enough hours in the day?

We all have 24 hours in a day. Some people seem to have plenty of time while others always seem rushed off of their feet.

Is it because we all don't have the power to say no to things? So, instead, we have verbal diarrhea and spill out the words YES when deep down inside our guts is telling us to say HEY NO.

My dear friend bought the book HELL YES for me at a time when I needed it. I was FLAT OUT all of the time. I had bags under my eyes and I would feel exhausted just looking ahead at that weeks schedule.

Humph.

Sound familiar?

If so, then THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU!

I can not recommend this book enough. It helped me to understand a simple yet effective little slogan and philosophy for learning how to say no.

It's short and easy to read (one line per page), with heaps of pictures (yay for pictures!)

It taught me something very important.

IF IT'S NOT A HELL YES THAN IT'S A HELL NO!

Via

Happy reading.

Hopefully by now you know that I am a TIGHT ASS and I would NEVER recommend something that I didn't think was worth your money and I'm telling you, I'd buy one for everyone of my friends if I managed to find that money tree that I'm still looking for!

You can thank me later :P:P:P:P
Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx


No comments: