Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Sunday 12 May 2013

The Right Place at the Right Time





Have you ever experienced a moment when you stop and think to yourself 'I'm so happy right now?'

You know, even just for a second, you acknowledge that deep down, you have made the right decisions and you feel as though you are where you are meant to be, right here, in life, with all of the big scary adult decisions that you make, and you can feel it in your fingers, that yup, right here, right now, is where you are meant to be?

Well it happened to me Sunday night. As I was sitting on the couch, all snuggled up like a bug in a rug, my partner by my side, my candle burning, ugh boots on, turtle swimming around happily in his tank, with my iPad on my lap writing this blog post, I thought wow, I'm so incredibly happy, lucky and content with where I am, right now in my life.

Anyone who knows me well, would know how massive that is for me.

Things over the past couple of years have not been easy. If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you would know that two years ago, I was far from where I wanted to be in fact, I was in the lowest place that I've ever been, struggling with depression.

Since then I have battled like a warrior to overcome my fears of depression returning, tried to come to terms with the pain of the memories, stopped blaming myself for the pain i put others through during my difficult time and tried to turn my experience into a positive one, by writing and speaking openly about it to others.

On top of that, my partner and I made a life changing decision to move from a city of 1,000,000 people to a town of 1,000, away from my best friends, leaving a permanent position that I loved, a house that we'd worked so hard to renovate, and a netball club that I adored.

It wasn't easy.

But no matter how hard the decision was, and the anxiety, worry and stress that surrounds a big decision, leaving something familiar for the unknown and change, it has been totally worth it for how I am feeling right now, as I write this blog post, with the warmest of warm fuzzy feelings of greatfulness.

I know in my heart of hearts, that I'm exactly where I am meant to be, and with that comes a very content heart, and a massive smile.

I am happy.

Have you ever had to make a difficult decision but come out on top?

Have you ever had a moment like I've described?

Life is too short to be unhappy and to dwell on worries; if you're not happy, make a change, no matter how hard it may seem at first, I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxx

No comments: