Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Thursday 26 June 2014

We Need You To Stay in Bed All DAY! SAY WHAT?



Want an excuse to stay in bed all day?

Here’s a guilt free reason with a feel good guarantee, you’ll help find a cure for MITOchondrial disease, a really crook disease, mito robs the cells of energy, it makes it hard to get about, it often can be fatal, so we have to sort this out! We need to find a cure but need cash to get it done, so stay in bed on stay in bed day and have a bit of fun!'

When?
' SUNDAY 29th JUNE 2014


What for? ‘One Australian child born each week will develop a severe or life-threatening form of mitochondrial disease.' There is currently no cure and few effective treatments…help me change this!
Kylie's Experience

I grew up with the most amazing and inspiring sister, Kate. Kate suffered from mitochondrial disease and various other illnesses that stemmed from mitochondrial myopathy. Kate got around in a wheelchair or gopher and spent countless days and hours having to rest in bed as her body did not produce the energy it needed to function. Sadly there is no cure for this disease and Kate passed away in 2003 at the age of 18.




In recent years my family has been directly involved in breakthrough research regarding mitochondrial cell diagnosis and now it’s my turn to give back financially. I've created this page because I want to make a difference to the families still affected by this horrible disease. I'm inspired by the work that Australian Mitochondrial Disease Foundation do, so I wanted to raise money for them as part of my participation in Stay in Bed Day 2014. Please help me help them by giving whatever you can using the 'Give Now' button. The more people that know about Australian Mitochondrial Disease Foundation, the greater their impact, so please also spread the word by sharing my page with your friends and family. 

Thankyou! Stay in bed day 29th June 2014...helping to find a cure!! Stay in bed, sleep in, stay in your pjs (or birthday suit haha) or hang out in your uggies all day like Kate used to x

To donate, click on the link below - it's super easy and goes to a great cause!

No comments: