Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Depression: The Voice Behind My Blog

A couple of weeks ago I was given the amazing opportunity to speak on live radio about my experience with Depression. While I was so nervous, I was super excited to be able to create awareness about an illness that is often misunderstood, stereotyped and bitched about in society. I am so PASSIONATE about creating awareness around mental health to help people suffering from it and people supporting those suffering from it, to accept, deal with and move on from the horrible illness that it is.

To all of my American followers out there, here's your chance to hear my Aussie accent. I must admit that I almost feel sorry for those people who have to listen to my voice everyday hahaha I flinch at the sound of it! haha

(Just so you can picture the face behind the voice!)


To listen, click on the ABC link below.



Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx

1 comment:

Janna Renee said...

I love your accent and that is SO cool that you got to be on the radio! You go girl! You are definitely doing an amazing job bringing awareness!