Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Monday 3 September 2012

Unleash Your Inner Green Thumb.

Tight ass Tuesday strikes again and today I'm sharing the joys of whipping out that inner green thumb in you and planting your very own herb garden.

Okay, so I admit, I cheated a little. We scored a Bunnings voucher for our engagement party so Mick and I hoped skipped and jumped down to our local store for the declicious $2 sausages and onion, I mean punnets of herb seedlings.

Mick wanted super dooper hot chili bushes so that he could burn the tongues and bums off of his mates and I wanted mint for fruit punch in summer, rosemary to garnish our delicious lamb roasts, garlic to scare away the vampires, basil, oregano and thyme for spag bog, a bay leaf tree for pasta bakes and of course, the old faithfuls in chives and parsley.

Our bargains from the old faithful Bunnings!

Strategically placing the plants!
Fertilising my babies!
Still alive! Amazing!
Yummy!

So amazing in scrambled eggs!

Mick's bum burning chilli plant!





Let me tell you, nothing brings me greater joy then whipping up a delicious meal with a glass of wine in hand, dancing around the kitchen and dashing out to the garden to grab some fresh herbs to top off our meal.

Fresh herbs are much cheaper then buying dried herbs and are so incredibly delicious.

Do you have a herb garden? What are your favourite herbs? Any green thumb tip ideas?

Mick thinks that I should sing to them to make them grow faster...I think they'd hibernate to escape my voice haha.

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

Yay for home grown herbs! I am thinking of starting a veggie patch this weekend that includes herbs! Nothing beats fresh herbs grown in the garden..especially when they are sold for $3.50 a bunch and I only need a few leaves!