Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Don't Be Afraid



Via

One of the hardest things to ever do is to verbalise your feelings and admit to both yourself, and those around you, that you are not okay.

Well the one thing that I want you to take from today's post is that you SHOULD NEVER feel AFRAID, ASHAMED or EMBARRASSED to admit that you aren't feeling quite your normal self.

  This is something extremely personal, but I want to share it with you because I think it's an extremely important, comforting and a humbling message to consider.

When I asked my partner if he was ever afraid of my depression coming back he said "no, I'm not afraid of it coming back, I know that we can beat it, I'm just afraid that you won't tell me that you're having those feelings again".

The message? Those who love and care for you want to help you, in fact, they love to be needed, so be honest with them. They won't think any differently of you, infact, they'll think you're extremely strong for admitting it.

Everyone will experience a difficult situation at some stage in their life, and you would want to be there for them.

So please, don't be afraid.

It's okay to not feel 100% all of the time!

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx


1 comment:

Marianna Dunn said...

I love this...particularly the quote at the beginning. I'm a firm believer of getting everything you want and deserve! You go girl!