Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Cluck Cluck Clucky!

Although...I don't know if these spazzes should be allowed to be parents!



You know you must be sending off some kind of hormonal nurturing pheromone when your partner comments on how clucky you are getting.

Yup, that's right, I think my motherly instincts are starting to kick in...well...at least they are making me ponder the idea of children and not feel sick in the stomach and start doubting my ability to be a mother and how it'll change our lifestyle and how I'm not ready...

Instead, lately, I've been rolling the idea around on my tongue and kind of liking the taste.

I can't wait to start a loving family with Mick!

I mean, I'm not done with just practicing quite yet... Practice makes perfect don't they say? And I'm sure as hell not ready to let go of the precautions and go with the wind balls eye.

I'm just starting to realise that the next step after marriage is babies...and with marriage being 15 months away babies could potentially be 24 months if we go for gold on the honeymoon! (haha!)

I must admit that I started doing a little celebratory dance inside when I read my best friends blog The Secret Life of Samara the other day and she started discussing her "biological clock" kicking in and her "motherly instincts" starting to rare up.

The thought that a close friend of mine may potentially be ready to start a family of their own around the same time as us makes the whole popping out babies thing a little more comforting.

I mean, they come from where? How? Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Okay, so maybe I'm a little more scared of actually bringing them in to this world then actually having a baby. I'm sure I'll regret saying that one day! I'm assuming that Mick will have a whole new level of respect for me after that.

My friends and family always laugh that I joke about babies coming out as 6 month olds. Not that I'd want to encourage our baby being that SIZE but I am extremely scared of tiny little babies. They're so small and fragile and I wouldn't want to break them! At least at 6 months they can hold their heads and smile (even if it is only wind!)

I think our kids are guaranteed to have a great sense of humour!

Babies bring such joy in to this world. 

 Their cute smiles, soft skin, funny little facials! I'm sure there's going to be moments when you want to do what Homer Simpson does to Bart and strangle them (my partner will love that I've referenced the Simpsons!). But I'm also sure there's moments when you're sooo angry and tired and frustrated and then they say or do something cute and your heart melts.

My cousins and friends children own my heart. They are so incredibly cute!

Maybe I'm just ready to spend more time spoiling them and dosing them up with sugar and then handing them back to their parents?
When maybe I should be looking at photos like this!

I keep looking at super cute photos like this!






















Every time I start to get clucky I think of the show that I watched the other day called One Born Every Minute. It makes me want to wear a Chasity belt.

I am also well aware that we spend a large majority of our teenage/young adult life praying NOT to get pregnant and just assume that when we want to that we can. I know that's not always the case. So I guess that's playing in the back of my mind!

My biological clock is-a-ticking and hopefully soon, we'll be able to start a family of our own!

How did you know that you were ready to start a family? Do you have children? Do you have any tips for preparing to become a family? How do children change your life? What does it feel like to be pregnant?

Look after your fertile self and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx
















No comments: