Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Sunday 15 July 2012

Just Be You By Helen Alm...a well renowned inspirational speaker in Adelaide.

Helen Alm. My inspiration.



It brings me the GREATEST delight to introduce my next guest speaker. Her name is Helen Alm. I first met Helen when I started jumping on board the free Professional Development courses that my job offered to me. I was confused about my future career. I knew that I was moving back to the country soon and was sick and tired of filtering the questions "what are you going to do back there?" "Have you got a job lined up?" "Why would you give up your current job to move back to the country?" It was at this point that Helen stepped in to my life. She ran a Professional Development course on Goal Setting. From that session, I went away and wrote down my professional, personal and life goals. I had never bothered to take the time to do it in the past.

I want to be just like Helen. She is my inspiration. If I one day could facilitate a room of adults like she goes, if I can teach people confidence, self esteem and resilience, if I can make a difference in peoples life like Helen does, then I'd be the happiest girl alive.

Thank you to Helen for taking the time from her super busy life to write this blog post today. 

 Helen's words of encouragement.


Thanks Kirsty for asking me to write this guest blog,

But what am I going to write about? Kirsty thinks I am an inspirational facilitator, (thank you very much!) and it still amazes me that people think that, when I am just being me. 

“Just being me”

Three simple words, I will say then again. 

Just being me.

Just be me.

Just be YOU.    

I think often we don’t appreciate who we really are. We don’t appreciate our uniqueness. We don’t appreciate the things that come naturally and easily for us. We don’t appreciate ourselves.   

YOU have an UNIQUE combination of strengths and skills and values, opinions, beliefs, prejudices, experiences, quirky behaviours, achievements and much much more that makes you, YOU. No other person on this planet is just like you, …even if you are a twin !!

So often, we listen to the voice inside us, the negative self talk that says “I’m  not…….enough” and that could be “ I’m not strong enough”, “I’m not smart enough”, “I’m not old enough”  “I’m not young enough”, “I’m not thin enough” “I’m not organised enough” or ….whatever it is that you are doubting about yourself.

Today, remember that YOU are MORE THAN ENOUGH.

Today, when you hear the self talk that is less than kind, that is berating yourself, breathe and let the crazy talk go.... breathe and say to yourself, “It’s all OK”, “I am OK”,  “I am OK, just as I am,” "It's OK just being me”

Today,
appreciate who you are.

Today,
talk kindly to yourself. 

Today, Relax, and….
     …..just be you.    

Helen Elizabeth Alm © 2012

About Helen and her business

 If you get the chance, I strongly encourage you to attend one of Helen's sessions. It will change your life and will be worth every sent and minute that you invest.

Helen Elizabeth Alm runs workshops and one-on-one coaching sessions personal effectiveness, work-life balance, self leadership, self confidence, communication skills, creating a GREAT life, creating vision boards and more! Contact Helen on helen@helenelizabeth.com.au or 0400037500    

Join Helen at “Visioning and creating your GREAT Life!” Workshop. Sunday 9 September 2012, Create a vision board to assist you in manifesting your heart’s desires! For more information contact Helen on 0400037500 or helen@helenelizabeth.com.au

Special offer:  “Overcoming the winter blues” Coaching session: 1.5 hour session for $150.00 +GST. In person or over the phone. At the end of the session you will have a personal “Creating a GREAT life!” action plan. Ring Helen on 0400037500 or email helen@helenelizabeth.com.au to book for session between July and September.      



  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Join Helen at “Visioning and creating your GREAT Life!” Workshop. Sunday 9 September 2012, Create a vision board to assist you in manifesting your heart’s desires! For more information contact Helen on 0400037500 or helen@helenelizabeth.com.au

I am going to this session! Let me know if you are also keen!