Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Roll with the punchs and let your hair down!

This week I am buggered. Exhausted in fact. I can feel a cold coming on, I have no energy left in my tank and I can't be bothered smiling or talking. 

I just want to be in bed, nice and warm, snuggled up with my partner and minx blanket, catching up on some sleep.

I think it's Winter. Or that fact that life has been crazy lately with renovations, thinking about things in terms of dollars and cents all of the time, paying off an overseas trip, family health issues, work, you know...life's normal ups and downs.

I needed something to change my attitude.

I logged in to Facebook and looked through my photos.

These made me smile.

When life gets tough...pull a face at it and show it who is boss!
Being special!
Cheesy grin with Mick at our engagement party!
When life gets tough...jump out of an airplane to get the adrenaline kicking!
My gorgeous school friends...Ash is going to kill me for this but it made me laugh so hard!
When life gets tough...we all need a bottle of wine THIS BIG!
This just CRACKS me up! My best friend and I making the most of the photo booth at a friends wedding!
Attractive lol love this!
My beautiful mum and partner at our best friends wedding. LOVE this!
My gorgeous sister and I loving life!
LOL a pyramid that my netball team made after a couple too many drinks!
When life gets tough...dance! Dancing makes things better!
Love this! Amie, Mark, Amanda, Guy and Me at Australia Day last year!
The photo booth at Samara's wedding! What a special day!
 My attitude has changed since even starting this blog post and after looking through my photos.

Sometimes I need to take a GIANT step back and realise that I have a great job, I have a roof over my head, I have food in my belly and I have people in my life who love me unconditionally.

I am now starting my work day with a HUGE smile on my face.

Recently a friend wrote on her Facebook "when life gets tough, get yourself a helmet".

It's so true. Life is tough at times.

But the good times way outshine the exhaustion.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Take the time to look back through your Facebook photos, or photo albums, or photos on your phone. It will make you smile at just how lucky you are to have so many amazing memories with the people you care about.

Take care of yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxx

No comments: