Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Thursday 22 November 2012

I'm Going to Miss...


7 years. 

Adelaide has been the place that I have called home for the past 7 years, but the tiny town that I grew up in has always been known as "home home" to me - it's clearly the place where my heart belongs.

In January my partner and I are moving "home home". While I'm SUPER excited to be able to duck around to our parents houses for dinner,  spoil my new niece or nephew, the amazing beaches, relaxed atmosphere and fresh air and rainwater, I'm definitely going to miss some things about living in the crazy town!

 These include:


Soaking in the beauty of the River Torrens as I escape the office for some fresh air and Vitamin D.




The HUGE choice of food, particularly Zen Kitchen for Vietnamese, Gouger Street for the tapas, sangria and Chinese and Charminars for the Indian!



The Barossa Valley, Adelaide Hills and the Clare Valley for the mouth watering wine!

A hummer limo wine tour!
Mick and I are a wine tour to the Barossa Valley!
Yup, we don't muck around when it comes to wine!


My beloved Adelaide Lutheran Sporting Club and the punch, dancing and dress ups that come with it!

These burgers are the main reason that I play for the club - amazing! I'm going to miss the mouth watering goodness!
When the club does a dress up night - everyone gets into the swing of things!

Yes - one of our netty trips was to the Gold Coast Theme Parks!

Tight and Bright night!

All my time favourite netball team - the year that Ash and I coached together!


My work mates.


Living around the corner from these little cherubs.

My aunty and her 4 gorgeous kiddies!

Andddd of course, my friends...yup, I'm going to miss them like crazy. I know there's Skype, and it's only a half hour flight, but there's something about knowing that you can call them and they can pop around at any time that I'm going to miss. Man I love these kids like a fat kid loves chocolate! They never fail to make me laugh!

Samarz and I making the most of the photobooth at a wedding!
Ash, one of my best friends from high school.



Carla and I back in the uni days when we'd consume copious amounts of the cheapest wine going (like $4 a bottle!)

Checking out the Lobethal Lights is always a highlight on my calender - especially with these two girls - Sarah and Rhiannon.


Amanda, me and Amz on Australia Day - kicking back in a blow up pool!



Samarz and Ran - the troublesome threesome house mates who had a fire engine, police and ambulance rock up at 3am because of an overheated wheat bag!

Sar - such a gorgeous girl she is!

Brock and Amy - love these kids so much!


Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx

No comments: