Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Thursday 22 November 2012

Is it a luxury?

I sure take my cap off to these wonderful ladies! Via



Being a parent sounds like it must be the toughest gig going around. I mean, 9-5 is tough enough, but being a mum or dad is around the clock, 24/7.

You can't just throw the towel in when you've had enough, duck out for some alone time on your lunch break, or have time to think, blink or scratch yourself.

But I'm also sure that being a parent would be the most rewarding, fun and challenging role that we have to look forward to.

The other day, while I was feeling frustrated and a little stressed about the bills that keep flooding in, I wondered how families make ends meet.

How do they do it? 

I found myself wondering whether it's now a luxury as such, to be a full time stay at home mum/dad?

Is it only those that are well off who can afford to have one income coming in? Or, are families living off of baked beans and laughing it off by singing the baked bean song, pay day to pay day?

You know:

"Beans, beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat the more you toot
The more you toot the better you feel
So eat your beans for every meal!"

Pretty sure I'm going to look like this! Via

Is being a stay at home parent a thing of the past? Are people being forced to return to work because of the cost of living? Is the lack of financial assistance with child care costs and minimum lengths of maternity leave making it harder for the average Jo blow?

I sure hope that one day we are in a financial position for me to be able to stay at home and raise the kiddies...and preferably not on baked beans!

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx


No comments: